Why should you add Instagram reels to your to-do list?
I know you are probably overwhelmed, short on time, and reading this thinking ‘Charlotte isn’t this just one more thing for me to learn?’. I get it, and you may be hesitant to use the new Instagram Reels feature for a few reasons:
- I am not sure how long it will take
- I am not a videographer
- I am not sure how to use it
- I don’t know what to say
All of the above I aim to solve in a two-part blog series, starting today with WHY you should use Instagram Reels and hopefully break down some of that overwhelm.
Here are four reasons why you should use Instagram Reels:
- Reels are short video ads for your business – They’re a new, quick, and fun way for somebody to get to know, like, and trust you. Reels show your authenticity, creativity and allow you to build trust FASTER so that people hit ‘follow’ and engage more with your posts.
- Reels are an easy way to consume content – Many people find it easier to understand new information when it’s in video format, so Reels are just another great video option for Instagram. With increased discoverability, it offers your followers a fresh change (compared to reading posts).
- Reels showcase imperfection – Many of the most popular reals are off-the-cuff, real-life moments, proving that not everything has to be perfect. Reels are a great way to add personality to your business, showcasing your business’ ‘human’ side on social media in an imperfect and authentic way.
- Reels allow instant gratification – Instagram has found that people prefer to watch a 15 or 30-second video versus a post that takes two minutes to read or watch. Simply put: people are viewing shorter and faster videos for instant gratification.
And the BIGGEST bonus for your business right now is the huge difference in reach and engagement you get with Reels. Thanks to their new algorithm (designed to push Reels and get people to use it…it’s working!), you will see a big increase in engagement.
Here’s an example from TLC:
View this post on Instagram
Say goodbye to your chaotic notes 👋 our weekly and daily planners available now from just £9.99. Designed specifically for garden designers and landscapers, you can improve your productivity and clear your mind with these A4 sheets of goodness! PLUS 50% of the profits from your planner go to Perennial, who support members of the horticultural industry and their families. Tap the link in our bio to shop now
How it stacks up:
- Above reel – 923 ThruPlays (people watching the Reel) and 50 likes
- Previous photo post about planners – 312 reach (people/accounts reached) and 19 likes, 1 save
Unfortunately at the moment we can’t view any other stats for Reels, though I imagine more in depth reporting will follow soon. But even with this limited knowledge, on likes alone that’s a 163% increase!
And the cherry on top? You do not need to be a professional videographer or spend loads of time on your Reels. You can record and edit easily, all within the Instagram app (but if you’re still unsure how to do this, stay tuned for next week’s blog post!).
So why not try a behind the scenes, or quick, informative Reel today?
Next week, we’ll be delving into how to use the Instagram Reels feature on Instagram AND give you some ideas for Reel videos. Make sure to sign up for our free newsletter below so you don’t miss the upload!
Want more information on marketing your business in 2021? Click here for more information about Virtually Limitless, where Charlotte and 11 other experts will be giving you their advice on planning, business management and marketing your business. An industry event like no other!